Our Building Process
Tailor Made have years of industry experience, allowing us to simplify our building process to make it as easy and stress free as possible for our customers. We see it as our duty to provide you with a knowledgeable and helpful service so that when you make your final decision you can be confident you've made the right choice. When you start thinking of your chosen project, call Tailor Made Steel Buildings and we will assist you to make your decision:
- The preliminaries - Do you want a garage for two cars and storage? Do you have a young family and two small sedans? Consider if the kids may intend to use the shed for outdoor activities in the future, will you need insulation, windows, access doors for this purpose? Consider the type of cars you may have in the future, a 4WD or a people mover – the height of the shed may need to be increased. If you intend to purchase a boat, will the shed be big enough? If you plan to sell your property at a later stage, what you decide on now may add value to your property. Consider what potential buyers may look for in the garage that will attract them to put in a great offer.
- Comprehensive project assessment - Call to arrange an onsite quotation and our staff will arrange a professional salesperson to visit your property, listen to your ideas, take some measurements, assess the site and your proposal and then offer you professional advice and ideas in relation to your project. Alternatively you can come into our display to see what's available and obtain a preliminary quotation for your project (subject to a site inspection). You can call with your design and measurements or send a fax or email to our sales staff. Again we will prepare a quotation and send it to you within 48 hours. Our assessment of your property when completing an onsite inspection would include, (but not be limited to) reviewing easements, boundaries, ground levels, existing concrete or dirt, access, storm water connections, heights and what building regulations are to be considered.
- Once you have made your choice - We'll advise you of the next steps required to get things under way. Permit requirements will need to be assessed and once confirmed with your consent, we can arrange to prepare and submit the applications on your behalf. Tailor Made Steel Buildings offer you a service to complete a site plan of your property to identify the existing buildings and the proposed location of the project. A site plan will be sent to you to obtain signed confirmation and a deposit will be required for the project to proceed. Various planning permits may be required depending on the size and zoning of your property and project, but generally only a building permit is required. Additional permits would also be required if you intend to build over an easement (storm water and/or sewerage). In new Estates it's wise to check your property documents to verify body corporate, developers approval and building envelope requirements. There may be quite a bit involved in obtaining approval so talk to us first and we will point you in the right direction.
- Upon obtaining the appropriate permit approvals for your project - We will double check the design and colours with you to make sure there are no changes. A progress payment will be required upon ordering the materials required for your project. Within 48 hours you will receive a confirmed delivery date.
- Arrangements for installation (if applicable) - Will then be made and coordinated with proposed commencement and completion dates. Permit inspections will also need to be arranged as per the permit conditions.
- Upon completion - Final payments can be made and along with final permit inspections. During the course of your project Tailor Made Steel Buildings will provide continuous communication with you. When complete we will call or visit to make sure all is OK, address any issues or concerns should you have any and then leave you to enjoy and utilise your new garage, pergola or shed etc. We would greatly appreciate and welcome all feedback and testimonials.
Note: Payment terms and conditions can vary depending on your individual project. This process is to be used as a guide only.
To obtain a no obligation FREE quote click on the orange box at the top of the page, or contact us to speak to one of the team about your project.